The Steelmax ABM1218 is a portable beveling machine capable of producing weld-ready bevels on flat plates of any shearable material up to 100,000 psi tensile strength. The ABM1218 FR uses a shearing process that is silent and fast. A powerful 3 horsepower electric motor drives the machine at speeds up to 8.5 feet per minute, making it the most powerful machine in its class. The machine can produce a 1/2” (12 mm) wide bevel in a single pass and can produce a maximum 3/4” (18 mm) wide bevel on plates or round tubes from 1/4” (6 mm) to 1-9/16” (40 mm) thick in multiple passes.
Interchangeable bevel angle attachments are available for 22.5°, 25°, 30°, 35°, 37.5° and 45° bevels. The machine is easily inverted to bevel the underside of the plate – eliminating the need to flip the material – improving operational safety and increasing productivity.
The ABM1218 FR produces no smoke or dust and almost no noise. Bevels are produced without thermal distortion and the material is weld-ready without additional grinding to remove dross, slag or heat affected zone (HAZ).
- 3 horsepower motor
- Self-feeding for consistent bevel geometry from end-to-end
- 180° inversion allows for quick and easy creation of double-sided bevels – dramatically reducing material handling costs and improving safety.
- Shearing cutting wheels are long lasting, quiet and fast – beveling up to 8.5 ft/min
- Bevel pipe and round tubes 4” in diameter and larger
- Functions as a traveling machine with the trolley, or as a stationary machine
- Portable machine that can easily be moved throughout the shop
- Great machine for creating weld coupons