The Steelmax® Rail Runner is a digitally controlled travel carriage designed for the mechanization of welding and thermal cutting processes. Featuring a positive rack and pinion drive system with electronic speed control, the Rail Runner can produce consistent, high quality welds and cuts in the flat, vertical or horizontal position. A multi-function LED display permits precise setting of process parameters making set up and repetition of predefined weld procedures quick and simple.
The Rail Runner is available in two versions: (i) the standard version with the integrated linear oscillator; and (ii) a basic version without integrated linear oscillation. As a result, the Rail Runner family of track mounted welding carriages economically meets a broad array of welding and cutting applications.
- Durable aluminum cast housing
- Automatic arc ignition integrated with travel switch
- Precise cross slide torch adjustment
- Closed loop position control with encoder feedback
- LED display with numeric representation permits presetting of all motion parameters including weave width, weave speed, side wall dwells and tractor travel speed
- Integrated linear oscillator for weave welding and overlay
- Electronic torch steering during weaving operation
- Semi-Flexible Guide Rail will adhere curved surfaces with minimum radius of 16’ (5 m)