All Position Welding & Cutting Travel Carriage
The Steelmax Rail Runner LT is a digitally controlled rail mounted travel carriage designed for the mechanization of welding and thermal cutting processes. Mechanized control of the welding or cutting torch allows continuous welding or cutting, increasing operating factor and deposition rates in welding applications. The Rail Runner LT features a rack and pinion drive system with electronic speed control that produces weld bead geometry that is exact to your required specifications, reducing costly over welding and minimizing filler metal usage.
The Rail Runner LT can be used with semi-flexible rail for plate and tank applications with a minimum diameter of 32 ft (10 m) and can be adapted to ring rails for pipe and tube applications.
Standard ring rails are available for tube diameters from 8” (200 mm) up to 10 ft (3 m). Custom rolled rails can be used for tube diameters between 10 ft (3 m) and 32 ft (10 m).
An optional vacuum system allows the rails to attach to non-ferrous surfaces such as stainless steel and aluminum.
The Rail Runner LT is an economical system for a wide range of welding and cutting applications on flat or curved plate, tube and pipe.
Applications: Trailer manufacturing, truck tanks, oil tanks, water storage tanks, pressure vessels, bridge girders, structural steel, structural towers, panel welding, transformers, shipyards, and any application demanding long continuous welds.
- Compact, lightweight design
- Closed-loop encoder insures accurate speed control
- Rack and pinion drive
- Digital LED display for pre-setting travel speed
- Automatic arc on/off initiates welding and travel simultaneously
- Suitable for a variety of circumferential and irregular surface applications down to a minimum diameter of 8″ (200 mm)
- Ring rails for diameters from 8″ OD up to 10 ft OD
- Custom rolled rails for diameters from 10 ft OD up to 32 ft OD
- Semi-flexible rails can be bent to a minimum radius of 16ft without permanent deformation
- Gear-driven cross slide for precise torch adjustment
- Application-specific accessory kits for oxy-fuel, plasma, MIG/MAG and SAW processes