Automatic Plate Bevelers
The Welding Shop of the 21st Century has at its disposal many new innovative technologies to improve productivity. Advancements in process control, automation, filler metals and shielding gases have come at a rapid pace. Implementation of these advancements can lead to significant costs savings, improvement in quality and reduction in rework for many shops. It is however very important to remember that even with these advancements, basic welding fundamentals are still key to having a successful operation.
Steelmax offers a complete line of plate and pipe beveling solutions to meet even the most demanding steel fabrication requirements. From manual, hand-held machines to large automatic machines, Steelmax has you covered!
- 180° inversion allows for quick and easy creation of double-sided bevels
- Dramatically reduces material handling costs and improving safety.
- Shearing cutting wheels are long lasting, quiet and fast – beveling up to 8.5 ft/min •
- Portable machine that can easily be moved throughout the shop
- 180° inversion enables double-sided bevels – no need to rotate or flip heavy material - dramatically reducing material handling costs and improving safety
- Shearing cutting wheel is long lasting, quiet, and fast; beveling up to 6 feet per minute
- Great machine for creating weld test coupons
- Bevel pipe & round tubes 3-3/4” in diameter and larger
- Auto-feed beveler with overload protection produces consistent high-quality bevels with minimal operator fatigue
- Continuously adjustable bevel angle between +60 and -60 degrees enables beveling of both sides of the plate without turning the plate over - significantly enhancing safety and productivity
- Maximum bevel width (depending on the beveled angle) from 1-1/8” to 1-3/8” (28-35 mm)
- Variable feed speed accommodates many types of metals and thicknesses up to 1-3/8” (35 mm) as standard or optionally up to 2-3/4” (70 mm)
- 180° inversion allows for creation of a double-sided bevel – no need to rotate or flip heavy material. Dramatically reduces material handling costs and improves shop safety
- Rotary milling head with carbide inserts produces accurate high-quality finish without thermal distortion or creation of heat affected zone
- Floating 3D Trolley compensates for uneven floor
- Portable machine can be moved easily throughout the shop