Self-Propelled, Inverting Beveling Machine Improves Safety & Reduces Material Handling
The Steelmax ABM 50 produces accurate, high-quality, machined single and double-sided bevels on plates from 5/16” to 3-1/8” (8-80 mm) thick using a high-speed rotary milling head with replaceable carbide inserts. The machine features an infinitely adjustable bevel angle between 15 and 60 degrees and is capable of producing bevels up to 2” (50 mm) wide. The ABM 50 quickly inverts to produce double-side bevels without having to flip the plate – enhancing safety and reducing material handling time and expense.
The ABM 50 incorporates onboard spindle speed adjustment to optimally bevel ferrous and non-ferrous materials and excels in beveling high tensile strength materials up to 450,000 PSI.
- Self-feeding for consistent bevel geometry from end-to-end
- Real-time measurement and on-screen display of exact bevel geometry and milling parameters
- Variable spindle speed for milling ferrous and non-ferrous materials including high tensile strength materials
- 180° inversion allows for quick and easy creation of double-sided bevels
- Rotary milling head with carbide inserts produces an accurate, high-quality finish without thermal distortion that is weld ready
- Built-in overload protection
- Floating trolley compensates for uneven floors
- Portable Machine that can easily be moved throughout the shop