The Rail Runner II is a compact, modular, mechanized carriage which can be custom configured for a variety of welding, thermal cutting and gouging applications on flat or curved plate, tube and pipe. By utilizing a magnetic guide rail and positive rack and pinion drive, the system can be utilized in all welding positions. Ergonomic remote control pendant with simple, easy to find control knobs makes process adjustment possible without the operator lifting their welding hood. A digital display with numeric representation for each motion parameter makes presetting the optimum welding or cutting procedure simple and highly repeatable.
The Rail Runner II increases arc-on time and produces consistent, high-quality welds and cuts in a fraction of the time required by manual operations. Optional accessories include tactile probe seam tracking and motorized vertical torch slide for automatic torch height control.
The Rail Runner II can be used with semi-flexible rail for plate and tank work with a minimum radius of 16’ (5 m) or adapted to bent ring rail for pipe and tube applications. Standard ring rails are available for tube diameters from 8” (200 mm) up to 9.85’ (3000 mm).
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Compact, lightweight design
- Simple, ergonomic remote control pendant with magnetic base and multi-function LED display
- Quick clamping torch holder mechanism: Standard for torch diameters of 16-22 mm (0.63 – 0.87”); Optional for larger torch diameters up to 35 mm (1.38”)
- Simple, precise torch adjustment
- Automatic ARC ON/OFF simultaneously initiates welding and travel
- Closed loop control system insures accurate speed and position control
- Improves work environment -removes operator from heat and fumes
- Integrated linear oscillator
- Rack and pinion drive with integrated limit switches
- Improved weld performance
- Constant travel speed maintains consistent heat input, minimizes distortion and eliminates over welding
- Minimizes starts & stops in long welds, eliminating the associated weld defects
- Digital display with numeric representation for each motion parameter makes presetting the optimum welding or cutting procedure simple and highly repeatable
- Trailer and truck tank manufacturing
- Storage tank fabrication
- Bridge girder, structural steel and tower fabrication
- Panel welding
- Boiler panel fabrication
- Shipbuilding and repair