The Steelmax® ABM28 is the latest generation in automatic portable beveling machines with the ability to face plates (0 degrees) and produce top and bottom side bevels at any angle between + 60 degrees and -60 degrees from a single setup. With its unique self-indexing guide rail system, the ABM28 can bevel plates in both travel directions, significantly improving machining times and overall productivity.
An optional cladding-removal setup is available for the ABM28 which dramatically simplifies preparing clad materials for welding.
- Auto-feed beveler with overload protection produces consistent high-quality bevels with minimal operator fatigue
- Continuously adjustable bevel angle between +60 and -60 degrees enables beveling of both sides of the plate without turning the plate over – significantly enhancing safety and productivity
- Maximum bevel width (depending on the beveled angle) from 1-1/8” to 1-3/8” (28-35 mm)
- Variable feed speed accommodates many types of metals and thicknesses up to 1-3/8” (35 mm) as standard or optionally up to 2-3/4” (70 mm)
- Bevels in both directions reducing cycle times and imprtoving productivity
- Optional cladding-removal attachment simplifies preparing clad materials for welding
- Quick setup and simple operation
- Multiple guide rails can be connected to bevel long plates